Friday 3 May 2013

Hell Week

Every performer has a hell week, whether it is that one overly intensive week when you're in from 7am to 2am or the one where everyone stresses over costumes and lighting and props etc etc. I've also noticed that despite the name most people come out on a high, knowing that through their suffering things have become infinitely better. After all, haven't we fought long and hard to get there? No matter how hard the week is, we still enjoy it.

My hell week was not enjoyable, nor was it based around a production.

This week marked the first in my new work experience placement. I have been put into an office to get some admin experience and I hate it. As a creative person being stuck in a silent office doing mundane tasks with nothing to stimulate me it's been awful but that's not all!

 Half way through the week my car broke down, as a struggling artist I do not have the money to pay for a new one or repairs which wouldn't be a problem as I can usually get the train except just tonight I was offered a paid job in a place you need your own transport to reach! Typical!

 The rest of my problems are silly and little, being sick on Thursday, the train being delayed by nearly an hour, blisters from new shoes but add them all together and you get a very grumpy, very stressed Annabelle on this Friday evening.

 One who will never complain about an acting hell week again because quite frankly I would take ten of them over another day in an office!

 Is it time for my big break yet? I'm ready for my close up!

Wish me luck, the same to you.
Annabelle
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment